Monday, June 11, 2012

Planning for an ARMY

One of two things has happened.  Either the writer of this blog has fallen off the edge of the earth, or he's dead.  Maybe we should go with the latter, but it's neither of the two options.

Things have been crazy.  I got roped into leading the kitchen for UM ARMY, a week-long high school mission trip.  I'll be feeding 75 people for 6 days.  WOOHOO!  Seriously, though, I think I just might throw up.  Just kidding.  But it is going to be insane.

I thought I had it bad with just milk allergies in the house.  On this trip, I'll have allergies to: peanuts, fatty meats, milk, nuts, eggs, soy, papaya, onions and mushrooms.  I think the kids are going to be able to eat water for a week.  "Hope that'll hold ya while you're in the middle of the heat working on houses for underprivileged families!  Enjoy!" 

All kidding aside, I think we're going to have a great week and some awesome food on this trip and I'll be using some awesome recipes, which, of course, I'll be blogging about after I return.  I'll be taking a short blogging break for a week (June 17–23) until after UM ARMY, as the prep and running of the kitchen will take up most of my time.

A Facebook friend of mine shared a recipe with me recently, and I will be trying to convert that to non-milk status quickly so we have something else to share.  

I tried a new "cheese" and will be writing about that this week before I go, too.  

Until then, read some of the blogs on "My Blog List" on the right of the page.  Have a great week!

Wanna share a recipe, or want us to recreate one for you without milk?  Email us at nomoomilk [at] gmail.com or just leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment